Caregivers' Corner: Tips for Caregivers
- Reward yourself with respite breaks often. Caregiving is a job and respite is your earned right.
- Watch out for signs of depression, and don’t delay in seeking out professional help when you need it.
- When people offer help, accept it.
- Educate yourself about your loved one’s condition and how to communicate effectively with doctors.
- Be open to technologies and ideas that promote your loved one’s independence.
- Trust your instincts, most of the time they’ll lead you in the right direction.
- Be good to your back, caregivers often do a lot of lifting, pushing, and pulling.
- Dream new dreams. Grieve for your losses, but allow yourself to dream.
- Seek support; there is great strength in knowing you are not alone.
- Stand up for your rights as a caregiver and a citizen.
Brain Health Center
California Pacific Medical Center
The Brain Health Center in San Francisco features a top notch multidisciplinary team of health professionals specially trained to caring for persons with memory loss. The Brain Health Center provides personalized patient care helping patients maintain control of their independence and their life using an integrated approach to treating memory loss. We care for individuals in the San Francisco Bay Area, Marin county and Northern California.