Online Resources on Liver Disease and Transplant
Following are links to more information on liver disease, organ donation and transplant.
General Liver Disease
- American Association for the Study of Liver Disease (AASLD)Opens new window
- American Liver Foundation Opens new window
- Digestive Diseases DictionaryOpens new window (National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse)
- FASTATS: Chronic Liver Disease/CirrhosisOpens new window (National Center for Health Statistics)
- MEDLINEplus Liver DiseaseOpens new window General National Library of Medicine
- Liver Transplant Opens new window The National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse
- TransWebOpens new window includes personal accounts of the transplant experience, lifestyle information for transplant patients and details about organ donation.
- Transplant Recipients International Organization (TRIO)Opens new window - Transplantation and organ donation information and resources for transplant candidates, recipients, donors and their families.
Alternative and Complementary Therapies
- NIH National Center for Complementary and Alternative MedicineOpens new window
- Office of Dietary SupplementsOpens new window - Background on dietary supplements from the National Institutes of Health
- U.S. PharmacopoeiaOpens new window - Drug and dietary supplement information
- Consumer LabOpens new window Reviews on vitamins, herbs and other supplements
- MedwatchOpens new window U.S. Food & Drug Administration site containing a searchable database that lists adverse effects and problems associated with the use of herbal products.
Organ Sharing Networks and Government Agencies
- California Transplant Donor Network The Bay Area's local organ procurement organization.
- UNOS (United Network for Organ Sharing UNOS administers the national Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN).
- Donate Life - National Coalition on Organ Donation
Chinese Information on Liver Disease
- Facts on Hepatitis B (Chinese version) (PDF, 870KB) produced by Hepatitis B Foundation