Your Hospital Stay
Upon registration you will be given a patient information packet outlining everything you need to know about your inpatient care and services provided at California Pacific Medical Center.
When you are away from home, personal items always help make your stay more comfortable and relaxed, and your hospital stay is no different. Use the list below to help with planning your hospital stay.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Shirts or blouses that button or zipper up the front
- Deodorant and other personal hygiene products
- Bedroom slippers
- Pajamas with front buttons or zipper and robe
- Loose fitting pants such as sweatpants
- Hairbrush and comb
- Non-electric razor
- Battery operated radio
- Books, magazines or crossword puzzle books
- Playing cards or other games
- Medications list with dosage instructions
- Copy of your "Living Will" or "Durable Power of Attorney"
- Your admission paperwork provided by your admitting physician
Visiting can be good medicine for patients. Family members and friends are always welcome to visit. Normal visiting hours are from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., however hours are flexible.
- Please remember if you have a cold, sore throat, or are generally not feeling well, you should not visit patients.
- To protect our patient's privacy and to ensure patient confidentiality, visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Visitors lounge areas are located in the main hospital lobby and outside each nursing node. If you have any questions about the location of waiting areas, please ask any hospital staff member or check with the Information Desk located in each campus main lobby.