Procedure Preparation Instructions Sigmoidoscopy
- Purchase at the pharmacy: Two (2) Fleets Phospho-soda enemas. You do not need a prescription.
- Five days prior to the procedure: Stop taking asprin or anti-inflammatory drugs. (Advil, Motrin, Naprosyn, etc.)
- On the day of procedure: DO NOT DRINK OR EAT ANYTHING for (4) hours before the procedure. You may take necessary medications with a few sips of water. conscious sedation. If you think you may require sedation, please bring someone with you to drive you home, and do not eat solid food for 6 hours before your procedure.
- Use one (1) Fleets enema as directed on bottle one (1) hour before you need to leave your house to arrive at California Pacific for your procedure.
Bring the second Fleets enema with you as you will use it on-half hour before your procedure.
- Most patients tolerate these procedures without conscious sedation. If there is any reason you think you may require sedation, please discuss this with the nurse. Bring someone with you to drive you home.
Paul May & Frank Stein Interventional Endoscopy Center
California Pacific Medical Center
The Paul May & Frank Stein Interventional Endoscopy Center in San Francisco features some of the top-rated gastrointestinal disease doctors and interventional endoscopy specialists in the San Francisco Bay Area, Marin county and Northern California who use the most successful non-surgical treatment options available.