Welcome to the News Room at California Pacific Medical Center. Here you will find up-to-date information about California Pacific Medical Center for members of the news media and the public.
All media inquiries should be addressed to:
Dean Fryer, Media Relations Manager
415-600-7484; 415-232-6463 (pager)
Current News Releases
- Global taskforce of scientists finds that current chemical safety testing is inadequate (6-23-2015)
- UCSF Medical Center, CPMC Join Forces to Unite Kidney Donors, Recipients in 18-Patient Transplant Chain (6-8-2015)
- Sonoma County vintner gives to CPMC’s Forbes Norris ALS Center (4-9-2015)
- CPMC and HerreroBOLDT Exceeds Local Hiring Goals in Hospital Construction (3-12-2015)
- A perfect stranger sets off a chain reaction of life (3-6-2015)
- Altruistic donor starts large West Coast single-center kidney paired donation at CPMC (3-5-2015)
- Scientists discover previously unidentified gene key to melanoma progression (2-25-2015)
- San Francisco’s 2015 Chinese New Year baby born at CPMC is a Girl! (2-19-2015)
- CPMC selects developer for California campus (2-2-2015)
- Research Chair Named for CPMC’s Ray Dolby Brain Health Center (2-2-2015)
- CPMC Receives Grant from California HealthCare Foundation for Work in Palliative Care (1-27-2015)
- Audit Finds Employee Access to Patient Files without Apparent Business or Treatment Purpose (1-23-2015)
- CPMC Awarded Coveted 2014 Leapfrog Top Hospital Distinction (12-8-2014)
CPMC News Archives
Next Generation Healthcare for San Francisco
California Pacific Medical Center, which provides health care for nearly 30 percent of San Francisco patients, is modernizing its system of care, in addition to meeting the new state earthquake safety requirements. CPMC will transform the St. Luke’s Campus into the hospital of choice for the southern section of San Francisco, ready to serve both its long-standing patient base and to attract physicians and patients for the surrounding neighborhoods. At the Van Ness and Geary Campus, the new hospital and medical office building will allow patients throughout the city to find the specialty care team and systems that support them all in one place.
Find out more about CPMC's future state-of-the-art facilities at CPMC 2020.