Welcome to the News Room at California Pacific Medical Center. Here you will find up-to-date information about California Pacific Medical Center for members of the news media and the public.
All media inquiries should be addressed to:
Dean Fryer, Media Relations Manager
415-600-7484; 415-232-6463 (pager)
News Releases | Hot Topics | Public Affairs Fact Sheets
- Researchers Identify Gene That Can Play Key Role in Suppressing Growth of Melanoma Tumors (1-30-2013)
- Study Finds Main Ingredient in Turmeric Reverses Effects of BPA (12-17-12)
- New Study Finds Cannabis Compound Could Have Even Greater Reach in Inhibiting Aggressive Cancer (12-14-12)
- Groundbreaking Mini-Microscope Allows for Real-Time Analysis and Treatment of Gastrointestinal Diseases(11-14-12)
- Researchers Identify First-Ever Blood Test to Determine Rejection in Kidney Transplants Without Biopsy (10-29-12)
- Community Celebrates St. Luke’s 100th Anniversary, History of Service (10-22-2012)
- CPMC Liver Transplantation Program Receives Prestigious Award from HHS (10-8-2012)
- Landmark Clinical Trial Shows Steroids Can Be Avoided in Pediatric Kidney Transplants (9-27-2012)
- New School Year Signals Need for Heightened Attention to Sports Concussions (8-30-2012)
- ‘Scorecard’ Reveals Findings from Many Pain-Related Clinical Trials Never Made Public (7-30-2012)
- CPMC Named 'Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality' by Human Rights Campaign Foundation (6-19-2012)
- CPMC Surgeons Complete Rare Successful Forehead & Scalp Reattachment: Seven Hour Procedure Involved State-of-the-Art Microsurgery Techniques (4-18-2012)
- Research on Gene’s Role in Melanoma Could Help Lead to Targeted Therapies for Cancer (4-16-2012)
- Promising New Drug Could Help Patients Battling Deadly and Difficult to Treat Form of Melanoma (3-16-2012)
- National study shows integrative medicine is effective in treating common and costly health conditions (2-15-2012)
- Sutter Health Salutes Physicians Named as Top Doctors in Marin and San Francisco (2-1-2012)
CPMC News Archives
Back to top
California Pacific Medical Center is embarking on an ambitious plan to bring the next generation of health care to the residents of San Francisco and surrounding areas.
In part, this plan is spurred by the California law - SB 1953 - which requires all hospital inpatient facilities to meet stringent seismic standards no later than January 1, 2015. California Pacific Medical Center also sees this as an opportunity to create environments that better support the needs of patients, patients’ families, doctors and affiliated healthcare providers in the 21st Century.
To help us achieve this, we evaluated our options at each existing campus and developed a plan that would meet the state mandate, while serving important medical center and neighborhood needs such as:
- avoiding the disruption of critical medical services;
- creating the ideal patient/family experience in an efficient and functional work environment for physicians and staff;
- allowing for future growth to ensure that California Pacific continues to provide the highest quality of health care for future generations.
Learn more about why we need to Rebuild CPMC.
Back to top
Public Affairs Fact Sheets
Back to top