California Pacific Medical Center is comprised of the four oldest hospitals in San Francisco: Children's Hospital, Davies Medical Center (Franklin Hospital), Presbyterian Medical Center, and St. Luke's Hospital.
The Davies Campus, formerly Davies Medical Center, was founded in 1852 to help San Francisco’s German-speaking immigrants find work, shelter, food, clothing and health care. The Pacific Campus was founded in 1857 as the West’s first medical school. The St. Luke’s Campus was founded in 1871 by the Episcopalian Church and the California campus was founded in 1875 as the Pacific Dispensary for Women and Children, a hospital run by women, for women.
Exceptional patient care is integrated with medical and nursing education, as well as research. In addition to primary and acute care, the Medical Center is recognized as a regional referral center providing communities throughout northern California with access to advanced medical care.
Our mission is to serve our community by providing high quality, cost-effective health care services in a compassionate and respectful environment, which is supported and stimulated by education and research.