Classes and Education
Healthy eating. Active Lifestyle. For the Family (Santa Cruz)
Our four-week "Healthy eating. Active lifestyles." program is for parents, children and teenagers. We will help your family eat healthy, be active, and learn ways to support your child's natural growth and well being. Our program focuses on the whole person and the whole family - not just on weight - providing practical, problem solving techniques to create a positive eating and activity environment.
This class series is now being offered in both Santa Cruz and Watsonville at two different time frames.
Please note, the Watsonville class is bilingual.
Through this program, parents will learn how to:
- Provide regular and consistent meals and snacks
- Use positive parenting techniques to support your child
- Promote your child's positive sense of self
Through this program, children will learn how to:
- Build food management skills as they become more independent
- Plan simple and easy snacks/meals
- Develop a positive sense of self
*There will also be a SMA- Shared Medical Appointment during the second session led by our pediatric weight management specialists Dr. Casey Schirmer (Santa Cruz) and Dr. Martha Sandoval (Watsonville).
Dates available for this class:Click a date to view more information
4:00 PM to 5:30 PM | Watsonville
6:00 PM to 7:30 PM | Santa Cruz